University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Parking Department maintains approximately 15,000 parking spaces in five parking structures and over 140 surface parking facilities. The department is committed to excellence in customer service in meeting the varied parking needs of the faculty, staff, students and visitors of the University campus. Services provided by the department include permit sales, cash key sales, pay-by-phone short-term parking, conferences and special event parking.
Position Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Principally responsible for the oversight and management of all renovation and capital project construction within the Parking Department. Serves as liaison between the Parking Department and University Legal Counsel, Project Planning and Facility Management, Facilities & Services, the Office of Capital Programs, the Office of Business Affairs Purchasing, and various outside architects, engineering contractors, and subcontractors.
- Design and maintain drawings and specifications of all parking facilities which requires site surveying, site inventory, maintenance assessment, and modification planning. Prepare studies, drawings, estimates, construction documents, and contract documents for parking facility construction, maintenance, and renovation. This may include site engineering, lighting design, signage, and/or landscape design and will require field inspection work.
- Work with Real Estate Planning and Services to assess and plan property and real estate related projects. Develop long range real estate planning for parking related capital development.
- Prepare budgets that reflect informed projections on costs related to construction and renovation of parking facilities.
- Develop assessments of reimbursement costs associated with the removal of parking facilities by other campus departments and negotiates disputed reimbursement costs when needed.
- Serve as a representative of the Parking Department at various meetings throughout the campus as assigned or requested by the Director of Parking.
- Responsible for making recommendations to the Director regarding revision of policy, procedures, and regulations as it relates to departmental activities.
- Consult with, advise, and coordinate supervisory personnel in and with outside vendors on matters pertaining to lighting, drainage, and landscape maintenance and improvements. In addition, serve as liaison with departments' campus wide in finding solutions to problems concerning lot placement, maintenance, construction and repair.
- Oversee the production of the general parking map and related way-finding graphics associated with parking facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining historical data related to all parking matters including, principles of campus development and the current objectives of the campus and parking master plans.
- Conduct research into parking lot construction and equipment technology. Evaluate new construction and facility operation methods and introduces appropriate new methods and sustainable materials whenever possible to advance and improve facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or other related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years of progressive experience in a similarly complex organization or related field experience.
- Experience in financial/budgetary matters.
- Experience in parking or transportation related master planning.
- Requires a generalists' knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, HVAC, etc.
- Working knowledge of building systems, facility maintenance, and construction trades. Working knowledge of site planning, analysis, and design. Working knowledge in areas of drainage, site lighting, site construction and project management.
- Must possess the ability to perform studies and prepare presentation material to be given in person or by others in the department.
- Must also possess the ability to produce working drawings and draft specifications for parking related projects, as well as have a working knowledge of pertinent University purchasing and bidding procedures as well as State and Federal laws that apply to the department.
- Demonstrative problem solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Demonstrative ability to effectively self-manage project deadlines with high quality working within established guidelines and with cognizance of budget implications.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time academic professional position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: September 8, 2017
Application Procedures: All candidates must complete an online application at jobs.illinois.edu prior to the application deadline for full consideration. Qualified candidates must upload a letter of application, resume, and contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address) for three current professional references. Official transcripts will be required for all finalists. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Staff Development and Human Resources
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Impark is looking for a Director of Strategic Accounts in the Washington D.C. area.
The Director of Strategic Accounts will be responsible for identifying prospective clients through cold-calls, researching competitor locations, performing profitability analysis on prospective locations and preparing and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
If you are interested in a great Sales opportunity, we want to talk to you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operational activities related to parking garage/lot operations, detailed accounting of revenues and review of related internal control documentation, the maintenance of parking facilities and scheduling of personnel.
- Oversee the Weekend/Weeknights parking operation.
- Oversee supervision of shift supervisor, parking attendants, maintenance staff, and other personnel engaged in directing traffic, collecting fees and scheduling of personnel; assist in supervision of and coordinating special events parking.
- Plan and scheduling work for the staff, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for the performance of duties.
- Training of all employees.
- Review parking equipment at end of shift including verifying cash deposit, reconciliation to cash register tape and lane counters, review of tickets to ensure proper documentation of exceptions, and recording cashier activity in revenue accounting software.
- Prepare daily, monthly and annual reports.
- Daily Banking of all revenue collected.
- Participate in a variety of duties involved in directing and controlling traffic and access to parking throughout the parking garage to include directing the movement of vehicular traffic and regulating and monitoring vehicle parking and snow removal. Monitor and correct safety hazards.
- Communicate about the facilities operation with Landowners/ Property Management staff.
- Communicate daily via email and manage and have full understating of all ABM systems such as E-pay, Score4, JDE, instant estimator
- Oversee and manage the upkeep of record storage and ticket inventory.
- Monitor operation of control equipment and automatic gates and replace expendable supplies such as tickets and print ribbons; notify contractor for other repairs. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Assist with marketing relating functions to help with revenue growth
- Performs other related functions, as assigned by management.
Please apply directly using the attached link. https://abm.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/48343
Thank you for considering Binghamton University in your search.
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Associate (SL-5)
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and education
The Executive Director of Transportation and Parking is responsible for providing leadership, expertise and management for the administration of University Transportation and Parking. The Executive Director is expected to lead the University in visioning, planning and implementation of transportation and parking strategy, drawing on his/her experience and expertise in these areas, to support the University's strategic goals and high standards of service, accessibility and sustainability. This position supervises the Director of Transportation and the Director of Parking, and reports to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs Administration and Auxiliaries, with a dotted line to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and oversight for administrative, programmatic and financial activities of parking and transportation, including large scale projects and planning to provide the highest standard of service and efficiency for the university, to continuously evaluate and improve service, and to further the goals of the broader organization
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and phased transportation plan, including, but not limited to, bus routes, stops, shelters, bike routes, vehicle rentals and sharing; that will ultimately meet the needs of all constituencies, and complements and is consistent with the overall campus plan, and strives to be cost effective, sustainable, and accessible
- Develop and implement a transportation demand management program with the goal of reducing motorized travel to and on campus
- Assist in implementing a pedestrian and bicycle plan for the campus and for linking the campus to the surrounding community
- Engage regional stakeholders (government and industry) and provide thought leadership to regional transportation planning
- Work collaboratively with University Police, Physical Facilities and other University departments on transportation and logistics planning and operations, including but not limited to building, locating, and maintaining the parking and transportation infrastructure
- Act as the primary, key liaison to stakeholders and customers, on and off campus, regarding parking and transportation services provided, working closely with the Parking and Transportation Stakeholders Group
- Working with campus and community constituencies and communications staff, develop and lead a communications strategy that efficiently disseminates information, while emphasizing a culture of service and collaboration
- Foster and maintain sound business relationships and monitor and negotiate contracts with various service providers, including the county transit system, as well as the student-operated bus system.
- Engage faculty in appropriate academic disciplines (e.g. environmental science, public administration, geography, systems engineering) to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships leveraging faculty expertise
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances affecting transportation and parking
- Develop, nurture and enhance collaborative relationships to include internal, on-campus and external entities and activities.
- Bachelor's degree required; a Master's degree preferred in planning, business management, public administration, civil engineering or a related field
- At least five years of progressive management experience required, with at least three of those years managing a significant business operation
- Broad knowledge of parking, transportation and transit systems operation, as well as transportation trends, laws and regulations
- Transportation experience within a sizeable institution or agency required, preferably in higher education
- Familiarity with professional trade groups and associations with a recent history of involvement preferred, including CAPP or CPP certification
- Experience in setting strategic initiatives and vision for an organization
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, strategic planning, supervising personnel and managing organizational resources in an effective manner
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, the ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with individuals and teams, based on respect, honesty, collegiality with all constituencies
- Demonstrated experience as an effective problem solver
- Demonstrated expertise with financial and statistical data, and the ability to provide and analyze reports useful for management decision-making
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University will be a tobacco-free campus effective August 1, 2017.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Deadline for Internal Applicants: /2017
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Let’s be honest, it IS about you… You are driven, you have career goals, you are ready to work your way up to a higher management position and beyond… All you need is the right path to climb and the team to help you get there.
We can give you that opportunity. You will get to lead and grow an operation from its gate arms all the way up to its balance sheet.
You are a...
Hard worker who is willing to get a little dirty sometimes and can occasionally work after five or take a weekend call.
Able to call on your problem-solving skills to creatively conquer challenges.
An individual who has a personal commitment to doing what it takes for your team and customers, in order to provide the best support and service possible.
We are looking for…
A management and operations professional who is willing to go above and beyond to accomplish their objectives. Someone who has experience in creating solutions that meet and exceed the needs of a client. An individual that can provide their team the training, tools and guidance necessary for success and who has the ability to step into any team role and keep the operation moving forward. A leader that will create a positive culture of teamwork and inclusiveness and inspire their team to work together to accomplish operational goals. Someone who has a sense of humor and wants to work with a fun (yet professional) team.
You will be responsible for…
Ensuring strong financial management of budgets and goals
Promoting positive client relationships through good communication
Ensuring that operational guidelines, security, cash control and customer service procedures are met
Recommending and implementing plans or programs to improve operations
Auditing all aspects of operation
Ensure systems are operational twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
Setting a positive and professional example for workforce
The skills and training you should have…
Experience in financial reporting and budget responsibility
Solid MS Office skills (intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred)
Experience with Microsoft Access, Teams, or similar a plus
Experience in leading workforce teams of both professional and frontline employees
Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
3+ years management or supervisory experience in the service industry preferred but not required
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a concentration in business or equivalent work experience
Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
What we offer…
The opportunity to work with a genuinely awesome team of co-workers at a rapidly growing privately held company with locations across the United States. And, you will be a part of a company that has a deep professional commitment to providing our customers with superior service and our employees with ongoing professional growth and learning opportunities.
In addition, we offer a generous compensation package that includes PTO, Paid Holidays and Medical, Dental and Vision benefits.
To apply please visit: https://tcp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
Park Assist® is a business intelligence technology company that utilizes cameras to enhance the efficiency and profitability of parking facilities through guidance, license plate recognition, surveillance, and its premium parking features. Our patented camera systems improve the parker experience in 27 countries and growing worldwide. Park Assist is headquartered in New York with offices in San Francisco, Cheshire, Fort Lauderdale, Nashville, Sydney, Amsterdam, London, Dubai, Santiago and Panama City. Park Assist is part of the TKH Group (Euronext: TWEKA), a $1.6 billion publicly traded company headquartered in the Netherlands.
Park Assist® is hiring a General Manager of its North American business unit to grow and manage its burgeoning business across the continent. Assuming full P&L responsibility with significant autonomy, the successful candidate will be tasked with leveraging our operational infrastructure, market momentum and existing team of 35 in leading and growing the business to the successful accomplishment of the strategic objectives in North America. The role will have full accountability in leading our team and nationwide sub-contractors to excellence in the delivery of our projects in North America.
The ideal candidate will be a results driven and commercial leader, and must have a proven ability to lead a team to success. Experience in construction management is vital.
- Lead and grow the North American division in the successful accomplishment of its strategic objectives
- Manage and grow the sales activity of Park Assist products within North America
- Profitably oversee the execution and obligations of Park Assist projects in North America
- Develop and maintain client service programs to the North American client base in driving customer retention and advocacy
- Liaise and work with the corporate unit in the implementation of global business policy
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a proven ability to manage a division to P&L objectives
- Have excellent strategic planning, communication and reporting skills.
- Be dedicated to satisfying customer needs and requirements
- Have an ability to lead and build a growing team in a fast-paced environment
- Possess and demonstrate an extremely high level of professionalism in all interactions, written and verbal
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Qualified to a degree level or higher
- 5 – 7 in business operations management. Previous experience within the technology sector will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in: Salesforce or similar CRM, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project,
Location Cheshire, Connecticut
Travel Up to 50% within North America, 5% Internationally
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management: 5 years
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
For more details or to submit a resume, please contact Jackie Teixeira at firstname.lastname@example.org
MVP Realty Advisors is looking for a dynamic, articulate, high energy, sales oriented Asset Manager to join our team. We are the advisors to MVP REIT, Inc. and MVP REIT II, Inc. and they are fast becoming one of the largest owners of parking facilities throughout the US. MVP REIT & MVP REIT II are publicly registered, non-traded real estate investment trusts that invest in a portfolio of parking facilities located throughout the United States, secured by long term leases with national and regional operators.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, have worked in the parking business managing multiple operations, and have a successful record of generating new sales opportunities, you can be our next Most Valuable Parking team member. This individual will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of assets through oversight of our operators, in addition to identifying new assets to acquire in their territory.
This full time position will be located in Las Vegas, NV. This role offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus bonuses. As a full time employee you will be offered medical, dental, and vision benefits along with the ability to participate in the company’s 401K plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. An equal opportunity employer.