ParkMobile Study Shows COVID-19 will have a Significant Impact
ParkMobile recently released a new research
study showing the impact of COVID-19 on
The survey, conducted with over 2,000 ParkMobile users in the month of May, reveals that people plan to make significant lifestyle changes over the next two years as a result of COVID-19, including less travel, less commuting, and attending fewer events.
Additionally, people plan to use mass transit and ride sharing less often and use their personal vehicles more often.
People plan to make significant lifestyle changes over the next two years as a result of COVID-19.
The complete survey results are posted on the ParkMobile website at parkmobile.io/covid. Below are some key highlights.
• People say they will work about 50 percent fewer hours in an office environment
• 29 percent of respondents expect to use their personal vehicles more often
• 46 percent of respondents will take public transportation less often and 29 percent of respondents expect to use ride sharing options less often
• Over 40 percent of respondents plan to attend fewer concerts, sporting events and other large gatherings
• 30 percent expect to do less personal travel and 34 percent expect to do less business travel
Additionally, survey respondents expect to increase usage of contactless payment options, allowing them to pay without needing to hand someone cash, a credit card, or touch physical payment hardware.
According to the survey, 40 percent expect to increase their use of contactless payment options in the coming year, while only 4 percent expect that use to decrease.
“It is clear that COVID-19 is creating a ‘new normal’ for people everywhere,” says Jon Ziglar, CEO of ParkMobile. “This study shows that people are being extra cautious when it comes to the places they are going, how they are getting there, and the way they are making payments. These behavior shifts will most likely continue until there is a vaccine.”
Jeff Perkins, ParkMobile CMO, can be reached at email@example.com