Full-time, Benefit Eligible
The Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County is a quasi-governmental entity that serves as a real estate development and development finance agency, an operator of programs and facilities, and a manager of programs and facilities in partnership with other County agencies.
The Revenue Authority generates trade, industry and economic growth for the public good through the acquisition, development and financing of real estate projects and the operation and management of facilities that stimulate employment for County residents and revenue for the County and its businesses. The Revenue Authority is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We offer excellent benefits and a pleasant working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required with minimum five (5) years’ experience in parking garage operations; parking operation experience in a supervisory position which demonstrates the abilities necessary to perform the essential duties to include twenty-four-hour parking operation
- Knowledge of practices, procedures, tools, equipment and terminology used in operation, maintenance and repair of parking equipment and parking facilities
- Knowledge of Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS) as it pertains to procedures used in revenue collections
- Familiarity with the provisions of State and local codes, ordinances and laws they apply to parking garage regulations
- Ability to use modern technology – computer (Microsoft Office Suite), telephone systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, citizens and other agencies regarding maintenance both in written and verbal form in English
- Oversight and management of all parking-related issues to include day-to-day activities of the garage facilities, fringe lots and pay stations
- Supervising staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responding to correspondence, phone requests and complaints about parking operations and programs
- Monitoring the parking system data for security and revenue purposes
- Interacting directly with remote video monitoring vendor
- Maintaining and troubleshooting all aspects of the automated equipment
- Managing all remote hardware and software equipment (including remote reboots)
- Conducting periodic inspections of lots and/or garages, ensuring facilities are safe and inviting to customers. Reporting discrepancies to the appropriate person to ensure resolution of any issues
- Reviewing command center call reports and monitors production and efficiency
- Ensuring that all revenues are accounted for and the proper rate structure is enforced
- Reviewing monthly profit/loss reports, analyzing variances and developing reports; managing active collection activities
- Preparing and analyzing parking data such as the number of incidents, meter revenue, permit sales and available spaces; reporting findings to management and makes recommendation based on facts
- Performing and supervising inventory counts, revenue counts and special parking surveys to measure facility occupancy, turnover and parking duration
- Conducting periodic market surveys and making recommendations to ensure competitiveness of pricing and services. Actively looking for ways to increase business
- Completing Accident/Incident Reports in accordance with company policies
Please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department, Revenue Authority of Prince George's County: RAPGCJobs@co.pg.md.us
PARK CITY MUNICIPAL CORPORATION
Parking Services - Public Works Department
Reports to Parking & Fleet Manager
Updated: February 2018
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the supervision of the Parking & Fleet Manager, manages the personnel, scheduling, planning, coordinating and technical duties associated with the City’s 24-hour garage operation, including Main Street and residential district parking operations. Position is responsible for ensuring that all parking technologies are functional and all revenues are collected and reconciled. Manages parking vendors, integration and technology solutions. Schedules, assigns personnel, and material resources to parking operations. Plans, organizes, trains personnel to assure adequate job performance, and other assigned tasks to achieve efficient parking operations.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB DUTIES
* Under the guidance of the Parking & Fleet Manager, manages the daily affairs of parking enforcement operations and exercises direct supervision over the City’s Parking Data Analyst, Adjudicator, and parking enforcement officers. Evaluates performance, handles personnel problems, and resolves complaints and other related issues. Interviews, hires, facilitates advancement opportunities and status changes related to department personnel.
*Manages the relationships with all parking technology vendors, including garage PARCS system, on-site embedded technician, mobile payment app, in-ground sensor vendor, Auto-count vendor, Redstorm signage and software vendor, meter vendor, LPR software and hardware vendors, camera equipment vendor, intercom vendor.
*Makes decisions and recommendations concerning the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or status changes of departmental personnel, and contract service providers. Supervisory responsibility may range from providing work guidance and leadership to duties such as hiring, selecting and training staff; setting and recommending rates of pay and work hours; planning work assignments and projects; directing tasks/activities; appraising performances; handling employee complaints; recommending and applying discipline, and monitoring legal compliance measures.
*Responsible for collecting cash, revenue reporting, reconciling Public Works cash bank, and managing staff on cash handling procedures. Reconciliation includes assessing software reporting systems against bank activity.
*Manages the data collection process and gives daily direction to the City’s Parking Data Analyst.
*Works closely with IT department staff to ensure that all parking technologies function 7 days per week, 24 hours per day.
*Responsible for resolving resident and ticketing complaints.
*Manages appeals process and adjudicator interactions. Follows up with those who challenge the process.
*Represents the parking department at Special Event meetings and NTMP. Responsible for carrying out special event planning, signage, staffing, and operational changes.
*Responsible for outreach related to residential parking changes.
*Manages disputes by conducting research related to overpayments or code enforcement issues.
*Manages and monitors the newly acquired residential and parking lot areas (Homestake, Library, Mawhinney)
*Acts as project lead for garage maintenance and improvement projects.
*Assists with annual budget requirements for parking operations budget.
*Fiscally accountable for operations expenditures.
*Provides research and advice related to code amendments for Title 9.
* Responsible for staff scheduling and shift coverage, including work assignments, training, vacations, authorizing overtime and filling in for absent employees.
* Design and develop enforcement schedules, enforcement routes and assign necessary personnel and materials.
Understand and prepare Personal Action Forms for recommended advancements or pay increases.
Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, repair and operate an inventory of 47 electronic parking meters, 9 gated lanes, citation software, autocount software and hardware, mobile application for space counting, citation payment, and mobile payment, Redstorm signage and software, License Plate Recognition software and hardware, VMS sensors, camera system, and all related parking enforcement equipment. Responsible for the integration of all necessary parking technology solutions, including the management and troubleshooting of all vendor-related bugs and inconsistencies.
Knowledge of citation data entry, management and reporting using parking management software programs.
* Responsible for the interpretation of policies and procedures of both the City and Parking Division to subordinate personnel and recommend disciplinary actions and follow-ups with employees as needed, through verbal and written reports. Resolve workplace conflicts and make decisions consistent with core values and department goals. Implement progressive discipline actions with team involvement.
Prepare performance evaluations for individual staff members incorporating best practices. Conduct annual formal performance evaluations, including a self-evaluation, and provide follow-up guidance as necessary with each employee.
* Ensure that parking enforcement operations function as intended and that all City and department safety policies and procedures are adhered to in day to day operations. Ensure that all enforcement routes are covered on a daily basis and when necessary personally perform enforcement activities.
* Serve as the first line of management contact for enforcement officers, monitor and document daily operations of the service with respect to safety, incidents, equipment performance and quality of service. Ensure that enforcement officers are following the rules and procedures as directed.
Respond to enforcement appeals and complaints.
* Develop, organize, and implement operational plans for major special events and festivities. Organize and train staff on each specific event, assign resources, and monitor enforcement operations throughout the event for adherence to policies and procedures. Provide post-event analysis to Parking & Fleet Manager and debrief staff members to identify and address areas for improvement.
Act as a safety coordinator for the Parking division and plan, schedule and conduct monthly safety meetings based on City safety training goals and objectives. Assist and participate in the Public Works Safety Action Team meetings. Set up regular accident review committees to determine preventability of accidents and risk mitigation strategies.
Evaluate and recommend actions or programs for the reduction of potential risks of loss, damage or injury to employees, citizens and guests.
Assist in training and evaluation of personnel level and varying tasks and projects within the department.
Ensure that the proper training records are maintained.
Maintain employee performance files and records, including data entry into appropriate databases or systems. Query and evaluate data on both an individual basis as a department and provide reports to the Parking & Fleet Manager or requested.
Process bi-weekly payroll for Parking staff and ensure the accuracy of employee timesheets. Report on department and individual overtime usage, identify sources of overtime, and work with the Parking & Fleet Manager as necessary as necessary to develop strategies for reducing overtime usage.
Assist in developing specifications for RFP’s and provide support to the Parking & Fleet Manager in releasing, advertising, and administering RFP’s. Participate in Evaluation Committees as necessary and provide feedback on new equipment and assets.
Develops and implements recruitment programs including attending job fairs, organizing advertisement campaigns, and coordinating with off-season employers to recruit staff.
Assist Human Resources in collection of applications, schedule and conduct interviews with prospective employees, select suitable candidates for hire, conduct criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks, and complete 1-9 and W-4 forms.
Organize training classes and schedule new hires to participate in Park City parking enforcement training programs.
Attend training as needed which relates to the job description, along with all necessary training to conform to State and Federal regulations and requirements.
Respond to public complaints about Parking Services and investigate claims and report finding to Parking & Fleet Manager.
Provide information and direction to visitors and citizens. Interact in a professional and respectful manner with co-workers, city staff, and members of the public.
Work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays when needed.
Responsible for On-Call rotations and be available and ready to respond 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Function as a first responder in the event of a major disaster or event and maintain status on the emergency responder’s team.
Other duties as assigned or directed by the Parking-Fleet Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, other divisions, and the public.
• Ability to effectively supervise, train and evaluate personnel
• Strong skills in the diagnosis and repair of electronic parking meters (including the use of electronic testing devices such as voltohmeters, and basic hand tools).
• Ability to perform associated duties according to Park City Parking division policies while under pressure and demonstrating respect and courtesy, especially when supervising subordinate personnel.
• Thorough knowledge of the goals and objectives of the Parking division.
• Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the enforcement of City parking regulations.
• Skilled in the safe operation of assigned public works vehicles.
• Ability to understand and interpret traffic signals signs, DOT safety regulations, and communicate these regulations to other employees.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain an effective and efficient working relationship with business owners, general public and co-workers.
• Skilled and Knowledgeable in parking management software systems (including report writers) and other general business computer applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to deal calmly and effectively with emergencies and to make and implement decisions in all types of situations.
• Ability to obtain National Incident Management System Certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a valid State issued Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 15 days of hire.
• 2 years demonstrated experience in parking enforcement or closely related field. (Advanced education may be credited towards this experience requirement on a 2 years for 1 year basis).
• 2 years of demonstrated supervisory or management experience.
• 2 years of demonstrated experience in the diagnosis and repair of electronic mechanisms (e.g., electronic parking meters, electric vending machines or electronic ticket vending machines).
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• 2+ years of experience as Park City enforcement officer.
• Post high-school university or technical degree
• Experience in scheduling software
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, run, talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or operate objects, controls, or tools. Ability to climb and pull own weight in and out of equipment
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste and smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 60 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work is performed primarily in office, vehicles, and outdoor settings, in all weather conditions including extreme temperatures, and includes day, swing and night shifts.
• The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Periodic/considerable exposure to stressful situations
• May require small amounts of travel to and from meetings, trainings, and conferences.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Occasional on-call working hours including evenings and weekends.
• Work includes day, swing and night shifts.
The physical demands and work environments described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Accommodations will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required by personnel so classified.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
Take a new technology driven customer service solution that provides clients with 24/7/365 remote support for their automated parking operations and implement it across the United States. You will have a highly trained team with skills in equipment support, operations management and customer service to support your endeavors.
Why us, why you
Come join us in our headquarters in beautiful downtown Boise, ID. You will work with a genuinely awesome team of co-workers at a rapidly growing privately held company with locations across the United States. We are looking for a business management and development professional who is willing to go above and beyond to complete their mission. Someone who has experience in creating solutions that meet and exceed the needs of our clients.
What we need
A business management and development professional who is willing to go above and beyond to complete their mission. Someone who has experience in creating solutions that meet and exceed the needs of the client. This person can quickly come up to speed on the industry and technology necessary to understand our clients and our competitors. They are a natural leader who thrives on the challenge of conquering new markets and is motivated by results.
We would love to find out more about you. Please visit our website to let us know why you would be a perfect fit!
Amano McGann, Inc. (www.amanomcgann.com) is the largest parking systems distribution and software engineering company in North America with full-service offices in 20 principal markets. We maintain market leadership by providing innovative products and services to meet the demands of this fast-growth industry. Our sales and management executives, software development engineers, R&D Specialists and our customer support professionals work together as a team to provide the highest standard of customer satisfaction.
Amano McGann, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Fulfill an important role in the organization to increase overall profitability by motivating and assisting employees within their area of responsibility to be successful in their role. Accomplish regional and national objectives by managing staff; sales executives; planning and evaluating activities to meet these overall company objectives
- Direct overall responsibility for profit and loss and achieving branch operational and sales goals
- Effective communication that creates a collaborative environment with all parties that the Branch Management interacts with, including; Clients, Subcontractors, Branch, Corporate and Senior Management personnel
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes in line with overall corporate direction
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or training; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Creates a positive work environment for all parties
- Creates effective solutions to meet or exceed client’s expectations through collaborative planning with all departments within the AMI organization
- Understands and participates in overall company corporate goals and ensures these goals and objectives are managed into the branch
- Provide leadership that creates an environment of unity with all internal and external stakeholders. Branch leadership requires all facets of business to operate in harmony including: sales, operations, project management, client solution requests and planning
- Assist with and oversee account management and develop strategies to meet profit goals within the branch territory
- Provide strategic and operational planning input for the branch operations, and report progress and results to senior management
- Additional duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Improves profitability as measured on performance metrics
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Reports to the Regional Vice President (RVP)
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Director of Sales & Director of Distributor Sales
- Works closely and collaboratively with the sales and account teams supported
- This position will be assigned to support a specific geographical area
- Performance Management, Project Management, Coaching
- Supervision, Quality Management, Results Driven
- Developing Budgets, Developing Standards, Highly Effective
- Communication Skills, Foster Teamwork, Handles High Pressure
- Giving Feedback
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least eight years of Leadership experience
- Required to be familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures of the organization and must have demonstration ability to lead and direct employees
- PC proficiency
- Servicemax and Salesforce experience is a plus
The link to our Career Center to apply is https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c82e2e62-fc06-4cc1-9682-165f5043a9d1&sid=YW1hbm9pbmM%3D&&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Business Development to establish our company’s presence in the exciting parking technology market! In this role you will have overall responsibility for developing, executing and managing ParKam’s plans to create new business in the US. Generating a robust pipeline of prospects, you will manage the entire sales process from bids and RFP’s to presentations and ultimately closing the deal. If you have the entrepreneurial passion and drive to hit our business development targets, and to expand our company’s footprint across the US, we want to hear from you!
Apply Here – https://marlyn-group-llc.workable.com/jobs/662349
The Village of Oak Park is seeking a dedicated professional with a finance, parking, public works or planning background for the position of Manager of Parking & Mobility Services.
This position serves the public through the planning, directing and oversight of the activities and operations of the Parking & Mobility Services Division; including the coordination between the operation of parking structures and other parking resources that include surface lots, on-street and off-street, metered or pay station, and permit parking.
This position is required to work effectively with internal departments and outside agencies while providing highly responsible assistance and administrative support with an emphasis on effective administration of the parking system and resources, and providing courteous, user- friendly customer service to Village residents and guests. The successful candidate for this position will find this position to be an excellent opportunity to gain the practical experience needed for advanced leadership positions in local government.
This position is open until filled.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Applicants can visit our website at http://www.oak-park.us/jobs. Submit applications and resumes by mail to: Human Resources, Village of Oak Park, 123 Madison Street, Oak Park, IL 60302; by email to: HR@oak-park.us ; or by fax to: 708-358-5107.
The Village of Oak Park offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes a retirement plan, deferred compensation program, social security, health & life insurance, vacation, sick leave & other benefits.
Golden State Warriors - San Francisco, CA
The Golden State Warriors are looking for the ideal Parking and Transportation expert to lead the intricate operations of our team’s new home at the state-of-the-art Chase Center in the heart of San Francisco! This is an exciting move for our NBA Championship team, and this critical hire will be a key player to ensure we provide an unparalleled experience to all clients, guests, and patrons of our 11-acre complex.
If you are a strong and dynamic Parking/Transportation leader looking for an opportunity to stamp a new, world-class facility with your own brand of innovation, management and creativity, then read on!
This newly created role requires a Director of Transportation & Parking with deep, strategic expertise to lead the pre-opening planning process, manage the implementation of the project through launch, and provide long-range leadership to guide our operations deep into the future. From planning and staffing to budgeting and revenue/expense management, you will be the point person for all things Parking and Transport in our new home.
The art of collaboration will be key to success in this position in order to effectively operate the on-site 950 space parking garage, and partner with off-site surface lots and parking garage owners, operators, and aggregators to meet the requirements for additional event parking. Your expert collaboration skills will serve as you partner with a large and diverse group of internal and external partners including GSW business leaders, arena management teams, clients, retail and office partners, city and state agencies, and the surrounding residential and business communities.
Another paramount goal is to ensure safe and efficient access for all modes of transportation, including private automobiles, public transit, bicycles, walking, shuttles, taxis and ride-sharing companies. Working closely with the VP of Security and COO, you will also partner with various city agencies and third parties to execute the company’s obligations under the Transportation Management Plan (TMP).
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your deep Operations expertise, and make a huge contribution to our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization as we look to extend our winning ways both on the court and off the court.
City of Fresno
Salary Range $7,216 - $9,011 Monthly
The City of Fresno is seeking an individual with exceptional managerial and leadership skills to oversee the Parking Services Division in the Development & Resource Management (DARM) Department. The Parking Manager is responsible for planning, operating, and managing the City's parking services such as the enforcement of parking codes, parking meter enforcement, and collection of parking revenues. In addition, the selected candidate will oversee management of City parking garages and parking lots, monthly permits, and special event parking at the Fresno Convention Center and Chukchansi Park. In this capacity the incumbent will be responsible for preparation and administration of the division's budget including revenues and expenditures and will be responsible for the management, supervision, and training of division staff. The Parking Manager will also advise the DARM Director and the City Council on effective parking policy and Municipal Code changes as needed.
The Department Director is seeking a strong service-oriented leader who can effectively collaborate with staff and other divisions to accomplish its mission while successfully implementing new innovative procedures, equipment, and technology. In addition, the ideal candidate should have a proven track record of successfully managing parking operations of similar size and complexity.
To qualify, candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Urban Planning, or Public Administration or a related field and four years of directly related experience including two years of supervisory experience.
Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of two years. Possession of a valid driver's license is required at time of appointment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Experience managing parking facilities and operations;
- Thorough knowledge of State vehicle codes and laws pertaining to the enforcement of on-street and off-street municipal parking;
- Knowledge of managing garage or parking lot/structure contracts or other agreements on facility uses;
- Experience in preparing, evaluating, and analyzing various reports needed to monitor and measure the overall performance and effectiveness of respective division;
- Experience setting program goals and objectives, developing and administering operational budgets;
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with various organized labor groups;
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and safe work practices;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective employee supervision; and
- Experience with personal computers, common office software, and a demonstrated ability to implement and utilize technology to improve operations.
NextGen Parking is GROWING!!
A leading provider of automated commercial parking systems in the South Central and South Eastern US, seeks an experienced Sales Executive for our territory in South Florida. A system integrator delivering the latest parking management solutions, NextGen resells best-in-class technology products from Designa, Transcore, Commend, Service Tracking Systems, ChargePoint, Galaxy Control Systems and others. Applications include parking access and revenue control (PARCS), vehicle count, parking guidance, automatic vehicle identification (AVI) voice-over-IP (VOIP) intercom, automatic license plate recognition (ALPR), and valet parking systems, often implemented in enterprise environments. Demand for technology-based parking solutions remains strong in the South Florida; commercial and public sectors.
The ideal candidate will combine both financial and professional motivation with system sales experience and an appreciation for intelligent transportation technologies.
Please contact our Human Resource Manager, Nancy Santillan, for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California State University, Long Beach
The Operations Manager has oversight of the day to day operations of parking operations. Supervises various Parking and Transportation Services staff, and provides a high degree of customer service for the various facets of the operation. Directly oversees and manages the front office, Visitor Information Center (VIC), the citation processing unit, and special events. Duties include direct supervision of staff including recruitment, professional development, performance management and corrective action. Works with Parking Enforcement, Campus Event Management, Facilities Management, and other campus departments to ensure appropriate availability and use of campus parking resources. Acts as a back up to the Director of Parking and Transportation Services.
Please read the full job announcement at http://apptrkr.com/1197716. Refer to Job #1013435.
$51,447.00 - 65,595.00
This position is a customer-focused, high energy management position, which manages the operation through effective leadership, budget management, superior customer service, human resource management and strong partnerships; supervises, plans and directs the City’s parking operations and programs; and performs other professional, supervisory, and administrative work as required. The incumbent organizes, plans and implements programs within major organizational policies, reporting program progress to executive level administration through reports and conferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the department staff to include coaching/developing, monitoring performance, delegating, and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, City policies and procedures and standards of quality and safety;
- Participates in the implementation of new policies, programs, and system technology to meet operational objectives;
- Supervises subordinate supervisory and support staff. Supervisory duties include scheduling personnel, instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; selecting new employees; allocating personnel; acting on employee problems; approving employee discipline and discharge;
- Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed;
- Provides for adequate staff training and development opportunities;
- Provides guidance and expertise to the supervisor, City Manager, Assistant City Manager and members of City Council in areas of responsibility;
- Maximizes profitability through facility marketing, cash control procedures, expense reviews and revenue development;
- Negotiates and monitors contracts, and ensures all accounts payable are processed in a timely manner;
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures; develops and recommends ordinances related to City parking functions;
- Manages on-going, daily parking operations;
- Coordinates special projects as assigned;
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes and as required by the City;
- Coordinates division activities and functions with those of other City divisions, departments and outside agencies as appropriate;
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
- Performs general administrative / clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, attending and conducting meetings, etc.;
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as appropriate to maintain knowledge of current legislation, trends and technology in assigned areas of responsibility; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate’s degree in management, business or public administration or closely related field;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Customer service certificate.
The work is considered sedentary in nature and involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
City of Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation Department (M155)
Leads and manages the Department’s parking services unit which is responsible for customer service, operational, financial and data management activities related to parking ticket payments and collections, issuance of parking permits and the adjudication of parking ticket disputes; manages operation of the Department’s telephone switchboard; creates and updates the unit’s standard operating procedures and prepares financial and operational reports. Functions as a member of the Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Department’s senior management team, assisting in implementing the Department’s key strategic customer service and parking management initiatives and preparing for future change. Ensures the provision of excellent customer service to City residents, businesses, visitors and other City staff at the cashier windows and switchboard, and in online, written and verbal communications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or other relevant field plus seven or more years of experience in staff supervision, customer service, financial management, information technology and operations management or an equivalent combination of education/experience required. Must have demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, especially in making fair and impartial customer service decisions; to work in a collaborative, team environment; and to maintain discretion and confidentiality with customer, database and other information. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to explain technical information and analysis to the general public. Must be well organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities within a complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-variate environment. Strong information technology experience preferred, demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs required. Familiarity with City of Cambridge street and building locations and the Cambridge community at large, and working knowledge of Parking Management Information Systems and Geographical Information Systems a plus. Must have demonstrated experience leading and managing a workgroup and creating an integrated team capable of delivering a high quality product while balancing multiple competing concerns.
$72,788 - $96,638 annually plus excellent benefits. Detailed job description and application instructions, visit www.cambridgema.gov and click on ‘Jobs’.
Applicants must submit a resume and letter of interest by 8pm on 04/16/18 via email to: email@example.com.
We are an AA/EEO employer.
Schedule: Full Time
Standard Schedule and On Call as Needed
The Senior Operations Manager ensures the safe and efficient parking operations, while delivering service that exceeds our customer/client’s expectations. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of operating a large or complex parking facility including: staff management, revenue control, safety, and client relations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in account management and revenue collection
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience in the parking industry, preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally move around the property by walking for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as cash register, calculator, copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed in indoor as well as outdoor environments. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Responsible for the supervision of location staff including: delegating, coaching/developing, monitoring performance, and ensuring compliance with all company standards.
- Recruit, select, and train new employees; develop onboarding plan for new employees to ensure success.
- Act as the main point of contact to client or Property Manager; attend location meetings as appropriate and respond to client requests in order to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
- Monitor maintenance of the facility and associated premises to ensure that the garage/lot is clean, safe, and maintained to standards; supervise on-going maintenance projects to ensure quality and timely completion.
- Manage ticket inventory, cash flow, reports, and audits to prevent loss through theft, error, or carelessness.
- Review profit and loss statements, adjustments, and variance reports on a monthly basis; make adjustments as necessary to achievebudget goals.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required.
- Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; address escalated concerns from guests.
- Immediately respond to reports of accidents, incidents or safety concerns.
- Communicate professionally at all times with guests, client, and teammates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For more information, please click here - https://citizensjobs.fasthr.us/ApplyForm.aspx?jobcode=IVRCODE4975&RID=1955