CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY AT DOMINGUEZ HILLS
Transportation Specialist - Non-Exempt (Administrative Analyst/Specialist), University Police, Parking and Transportation Services
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Conditions of Employment: The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Position Information: This is a full-time, permanent position.
Department: University Police, Parking and Transportation Services
Transportation Services is a sub-unit of University Police and Parking Services within the Division of Administration & Finance. The primary responsibility of the department is to manage the Employee Commuter Reduction Program and develop new transportation services for students, employees and campus.
Major Job Duties: Under general supervision of the Manager of Parking and Transportation Services, the transportation specialist takes the lead in identifying, developing, submitting, and overseeing the annual South Coast Air Quality Management District - Rule 2202 Employee Commuter Reduction Plan. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the employee rideshare and student programs for campus community members seeking to use alternative modes of transportation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to apply survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods
- Ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies
- Skills in investigating, analyzing problems, collection and evaluation of data to develop valid conclusions and recommendations; technical knowledge of sustainability practices; utilize a variety of investigative and research tools; acquire, evaluate, and interpret data; provide leadership in developing, implementing sustainability strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills; self motivated, and to work both independently and within a team environment; build successful working relationships, by listening and communicating effectively; multi-task and to take on additional responsibilities as needed; Identify current trends in different commuter modes; policies and procedures and AQMD regulations pertaining to the applicable program;
- Ability to apply solutions to programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions
- Investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them pro actively
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction
Additional preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the day-to-day and long range activities of the department
- Maintain effective working relationships, present ideas and concepts effectively in written or presentation format, research, write and present reports, communicate effectively
- Ability to attend workshops and classes to stay up to date on current transportation rules and trends
Certification: Employee Transportation Coordinator Certification is preferred, Valid Drivers License
Experience and Education:
Required Education: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
Required Experience: Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, equivalent to two years.
The salary range for this classification is: $3,288 - $6,162 monthly.
The maximum salary budgeted for this position by the department is $4,900.
How to apply: You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at http://apptrkr.com/1369278 . Click on “view job opportunities” under “New and returning applicants.” View the list of jobs and click on the one with the job title listed above. The application deadline is: Monday, January 28, 2019
CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
Salary - Up to $70,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Department - Parking Events/Enforcement
Time Base/Hours/Units per Week - Full-Time, 40 hours per week. Must be able to work a regular schedule of Wednesday-Sunday 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm and have flexibility to temporarily change work schedule if needed due to campus event schedule with advanced notice.
The Parking Field Services Manager maintains oversight of the swing shift operations of the department Wednesday- Sunday 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm and works in the field as needed. The incumbent has direct oversight and management of the enforcement staff and special events staff. Duties include direct supervision of staff including recruitment, professional development, performance management and corrective action. This position also serves as the primary point of contact for complaints received related to enforcement or events issues. Provides timely, consistent and appropriate resolutions to ensure excellent customer service while adhering to the department's procedures and policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of principles for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of customer satisfaction and recommendations for process improvements. Demonstrated ability to provide operations oversight for a highly visible department consisting of multiple business units and discrete processes. Ability to supervise bargaining unit staff and provide appropriate direction and guidance using a hands-on approach. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a diverse array of faculty, staff, students, and community members. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, web browsers and email. Ability to pro-actively identify complex problems and evaluates related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Ability to follow campus, division and department processes, policies and procedures, and to comply will all state and federally regulated requirements. Ability to assign work to subordinate staff and ensure tasks are completed accurately, on time and within specified parameters. Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment and ensure that applicable deadlines are met.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field and three years of related management experience required. Five years of related progressively responsible experience preferred. Experience working in a collective bargaining environment, shift scheduling and managing bargaining unit employees preferred. Experience developing and implementing enterprise level computer systems desired.
Licenses / Certificates - CA Driver's License, Class C
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The copies of the University's Annual Campus Crime Report report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at (562) 985-4101.
This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, and excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance, educational fee waiver, and retirement benefits.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1353424
Interstate Parking Company (www.interstateparking.com) is the fastest growing parking management company in the upper Midwest with approximately 175 locations throughout its Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Indiana markets. The company provides full service development, acquisition, leasing and third party management of parking assets within the CBD office, event venue, airport and hospitality sectors by leveraging cutting edge state of the art technologies and a unique marketing approach.
The role of Vice President of Business Development includes the development and deployment of a measurable business strategy, sales and marketing plan to open, grow and manage new markets. This senior management position will be directly responsible for generating new business and client relationships and build a regional team to support continued growth. The position requires business development experience and relationships within the candidate’s target markets. Other related experience could include business development roles or relationships within airport, hospitality, colleges/universities and stadiums/arenas as our company provides parking management services to these industry sectors.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Direct outreach, including “cold calling” to create sales opportunities that lead to new contracts for our company
- Generate high quality written proposals and presentations for new business leads and in response to RFP’s
- Generate Xcel based financial pro forma’s to underwrite new business opportunities
- Identify business and market trends and opportunities in markets, including recommendation of short and long-term plans, coupled with penetration strategies
- Develop and lead regional management team to support continued growth in target markets
- Assist the executive team and local operations management staff in the retention of existing clients and assisting in the re-bid process.
- Taking timely action to meet or exceed client/customer requirements prior to contract execution and thereafter in a manner to compliment the operational support staff, and accounting to insure client/customer satisfaction through transitions.
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive in entrepreneurial culture within a family-business environment with desire to build and operate your own business.
- Possess positive social networking, relationship building, planning, interpersonal communication, administrative, and market research skills.
- Proficient in professional business writing, and related software programs such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, and formatting proposals including graphics and illustrations for a first class presentation
- Be self-motivated, comfortable at cold calling for lead generation, possess refined interpersonal skills, and be capable of developing professional business relationships.
- Possess a network of related business contacts.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in evaluating business opportunities, and securing new business.
- Have experience utilizing/managing a sales CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum educational requirement
- Excellent verbal and oral communication presentation skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations in front of groups of prospects, clients, and peers.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, CRM programs and Prezi or equivalent
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel approximately 50% and as needed, including overnight trips.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org