Job Title: VP, Municipal Operations
Reports to: SVP, EVP
Job Grade: 4A
Date: October 2017
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Vice President, Municipal Operations is responsible for working with clients as well as operations to direct the RFP process and business development in the Municipal market. The VP, Municipal Operations will work to implement new parking programs and initiatives, solve problems, work with key stakeholder groups, develop new relationships, engage in governmental and community affairs, and meet company service and sales objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree business, marketing and/or related fields; CAPP, CPP, MBA, preferred
- 7+ years Municipal operations, business development, and/or sales and implementation activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); Salesforce
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS): Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships w/clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending emerging technology; recommending profit and service improvements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences, educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies (IPI, NPA and regional associations)
- Identifies product improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Supports and trains local operations teams by implementing and overseeing new initiatives and best practices
- Builds business by maintaining relationships w/clients and influencers; identifying and selling prospects
- Increasing the value of current customers’ parking programs while maintaining quality customer service by establishing KPI’s and enforcing organization standards, policies and procedures;
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options, and attracting new customers accordingly
- Interpret and complete complex RFP’s, engage in due diligence, budget and work with vendors to obtain pricing
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions, and implementing programs and initiatives with local teams
- Prepares reports for operations and sales activities; collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary $69,409.60 - $118,144.00 Annually
Are you interested in working in one of the most innovative multi-modal communities in the country? Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services is seeking an experienced planning professional to be part of the County's parking and curbside management team.
This Parking Planner is responsible for using research and data analysis to formulate strategies and provide recommendations to improve current operations and policy for County parking and curbside-management. Fulfilling these responsibilities requires designing and managing projects that require collaboration with County staff across departments and outside consultants on the design and management of on-street and off-street parking and curb use projects.
Specific duties include:
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software, spreadsheets, and other databases to compile, query, analyze, and interpret on-street and off-street parking and curb use data;
- Conducting parking and curbside-management studies;
- Coordinating the collection of data and researching and incorporating other data (ex: demographic information, transportation-system-performance, and transportation-behavior) into the analyses for policy recommendations;
- Preparing reports and presentations for other County staff, residents, and County officials that summarize analysis and provide recommendations based on that analysis;
- Providing information on curbside management best practices to other County staff, residents, and County officials;
- Managing consultant services by providing quality assurance/quality control of consultant-collected data and information;
- Preparing responses to complaints or concerns received from residents, business owners and property owners;
- Assisting the Parking Permit Coordinator with managing the Residential Parking Permit Program (RPPP) by providing support in writing database queries and other reporting tools;
- Coordinating the work of various contractors including garage operators, consultants, temporary staff agencies, and professional engineering and architectural firms;
- Working with the Arlington County Police Department (ACPD) and the Public Service Aids (PSAs) in strategic parking enforcement;
- Reviewing and approving parking management and garage plans as part of the site plan review process; and
- Supporting the management of three parking garages, including one undergoing major renovation and upgrades.
The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated problem solver with experience in on-street and off-street parking management, incorporating transportation and land use best practices into parking and curbside management operations, performing complex analysis and interpretation of spatial and non-spatial quantitative data, and managing issues associated with freight and taxi/ride-hailing practices.
Minimums: Bachelor's degree in Geography, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Transportation, or related field, plus considerable progressively responsible experience in parking management or transportation planning.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Conducting parking and/or curbside-management studies;
- Applying descriptive and inferential statistics methods to summarize and draw conclusions from parking or curbside-management data using Excel;
- Using Python, R, Visual Basic, or other language to automate analysis tasks;
- Designing and using relational databases to store, retrieve, summarize, and analyze data; and/or
- Delivering on-street and/or off-street parking management programs or services.
Park Assist® is a business intelligence technology company that utilizes cameras to enhance the efficiency and profitability of parking facilities through guidance, license plate recognition, surveillance, and its premium parking features. Our patented camera systems improve the parker experience in 30 countries and growing worldwide. Park Assist is headquartered in New York with offices in San Francisco, Cheshire, Fort Lauderdale, Nashville, Sydney, Amsterdam, London, Dubai, Santiago and Panama City. Park Assist is part of the TKH Group (Euronext: TWEKA), a $1.6+ billion publicly traded company headquartered in the Netherlands.
Park Assist® is hiring a Project Manager in its European business unit to manage the implementation of its burgeoning business across Europe. This individual is responsible for understanding, assessing and planning for the installation and implementation of these projects. As part of this role, the project manager provides oversight to the activities and work conducted by both fellow employees as well as third party contractors. This position also requires a strong working relationship with the sales, support and operations teams.
An overall understanding of construction risk management and budget management is also required. This Project Manager will be the primary point of contact and accountability for all projects to which they are assigned. The Project Manager also plays a vital part in maintaining client relationships for the company and has a direct impact on company success and our overall continued growth.
- Planning and execution of Park Assist projects in Europe
- Management of project P&L to defined objectives
- Reporting to and management of key project stakeholders, including end clients
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with our Project Standard Operating Procedures.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a proven ability to manage projects to P&L objectives
- Have excellent planning, communication and reporting skills
- Be dedicated to satisfying customer needs and requirements
- Have an ability to lead and manage resources in a growing team in a fast paced environment
- Have a working understanding of low voltage electrical and Ethernet circuitry
- Possess and demonstrate an extremely high level of professionalism
Basic Qualifications Required:
- 5 – 7 years experience in project management, parking sector experience preferable
- Proficiency in: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Qualified to a degree level or higher
- Languages: Dutch and English with proficiency, German desirable.
- Construction experience highly desirable.
Location Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel Up to 50% within Europe, 5% Internationally
For more information, please contact Jackie Teixeira, HR Manager Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI Areas
Impark is looking for a Director of Business Development for our Chicago, IL market. This role will be responsible for identifying prospective clients through cold-calls, researching competitor locations, performing profitability analysis on prospective locations and preparing and presenting proposals to prospective clients. There will be a requirement to participate in the development of marketing plans and value proposition for promotion of Impark’s brands. This requires a thorough knowledge of the commercial real estate industry and other markets such as Aviation, Healthcare and Colleges/Universities; the solutions/services the company can provide, and those of the company’s competitors. Compensation package will be comprised of a base salary and attractive commission plan tied to on-boarding new client relationships. Initial compensation is expected to be well within six-figures with significant growth opportunity.
If interested, you can apply at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IMPARK&cws=1&rid=5915 or email Jennifer at email@example.com.
City of Columbia Parking Services Division
$51,447.00 - 65,595.00
This position is a customer-focused, high energy management position, which manages the operation through effective leadership, budget management, superior customer service, human resource management and strong partnerships; supervises, plans and directs the City’s parking operations and programs; and performs other professional, supervisory, and administrative work as required. The incumbent organizes, plans and implements programs within major organizational policies, reporting program progress to executive level administration through reports and conferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the department staff to include coaching/developing, monitoring performance, delegating, and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, City policies and procedures and standards of quality and safety;
- Participates in the implementation of new policies, programs, and system technology to meet operational objectives;
- Supervises subordinate supervisory and support staff. Supervisory duties include scheduling personnel, instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; selecting new employees; allocating personnel; acting on employee problems; approving employee discipline and discharge;
- Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed;
- Provides for adequate staff training and development opportunities;
- Provides guidance and expertise to the supervisor, City Manager, Assistant City Manager and members of City Council in areas of responsibility;
- Maximizes profitability through facility marketing, cash control procedures, expense reviews and revenue development;
- Negotiates and monitors contracts, and ensures all accounts payable are processed in a timely manner;
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures; develops and recommends ordinances related to City parking functions;
- Manages on-going, daily parking operations;
- Coordinates special projects as assigned;
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes and as required by the City;
- Coordinates division activities and functions with those of other City divisions, departments and outside agencies as appropriate;
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
- Performs general administrative / clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, attending and conducting meetings, etc.;
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as appropriate to maintain knowledge of current legislation, trends and technology in assigned areas of responsibility; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate’s degree in management, business or public administration or closely related field;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Customer service certificate.
The work is considered sedentary in nature and involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
We are looking to grow our sales team! The Strategic Sales Manager is a “hunter” working to generate new revenue within the parking enforcement vertical. This work-from-home role will focus on east coast opportunities with support from the HQ office in Spokane, WA. Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include but are not limited to:
- Consistently develop new customer contacts (i.e. cold calls), review leads, protect territory and increase revenue within current accounts as assigned
- Contact cold and warm prospective customers through a combination of industry events, telephone and in-person contacts to obtain appointments for sales meetings; preparing presentations and proposals
- Close sales, gather all detailed information and develop a sales plan for the account
- Engage clients in networking, prospect qualification, RFP response, strategic sales process planning, exploring and closing all revenue opportunities
- Maintain a strong sales pipeline and forecast to increase visibility of short and long-term opportunities
- Propose proper solutions to customers by integrating OmniPark technologies to include the appropriate front-end solutions, connectivity and environment profile
- Quantify and qualify customers capability, needs, expectations and requirements in order to accurately establish objectives for product integration and utilization
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service through follow-up contact and consultation after the sale to protect and grow market share in assigned vertical
- Calibrate market opportunities through continuous research, segmentation & prioritization
- Coordinate necessary resources to respond to customer needs and exhibit leadership qualities to effectively direct people, process and projects
- Provide product expertise in OmniPark and competitive products
- Train new and existing employees as needed
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all necessary departments to ensure sales are generated and are processed efficiently to achieve customer satisfaction
- Promote products and represent the company at off-site customer meetings
- Maintain records via CRM
- Proven track record of revenue generation from cold calling, warm lead nurturing and RFP process
- 5+ years of successful business-to-business sales experience
- Experience selling IT solutions and/or workflow/inventory management software is required
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles
- Presentation, organization and interpersonal skills that set you apart
- Must have high ethics, integrity, humility and a desire to help build a world-class organization
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support
- Willing and able to travel domestically and abroad
- Ability to lift 50lbs