NORFOLK AIRPORT AUTHORITY
Begin a challenging career with the Norfolk Airport Authority, a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our mission is to connect our community with the world by safely, reliably, and efficiently operating Norfolk International Airport.
Job Title: PARKING ATTENDANT II
Shift Schedule: 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM, will also be required to fill in on all shifts as needed.
(Full-time, 40-hour work week with rotating days off)
Starting Rate: 20.37 PER HOUR - $42370.84 Annual
CLOSING DATE: This job announcement will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed approximately every two weeks.
MUST SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT DMV DRIVING RECORD TO: email@example.com or Fax to (757) 857-3364
- A current copy of your DMV driving record (dated within the last 30 days of posting date). You can go online to request a copy of your driving record at dmv.virginia.gov
JOB SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for the remote monitoring and operation of the Parking Access and Revenue Control System (PARCS) and for providing operational support to the public and to all Parking Department and other Authority personnel. This position operates various computer software applications simultaneously which requires the ability to prioritize several tasks concurrently. The Parking Attendant II will assist all parking patrons in any way possible consistent with Authority rules and regulations and ensure that all equipment failures and operational problems are reported immediately to the Shift Supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
Norfolk International Airport has the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Stronger Together, Let’s Fly” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. We have a demonstrated commitment to cultivating a positive, collaborative work environment that supports our values of professionalism, responsiveness, innovation, diversity, excellence (P.R.I.D.E.) as outlined in our Strategic Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following duties are typical for this position. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Ensures that all parking transactions are processed timely, accurately and in accordance with all Authority and departmental policies and procedures.
- Utilizes all the computer systems within the Parking Operations Center, to remotely monitor activity throughout the parking facilities and maintains extensive verbal communications to ensure the expedient flow of traffic and promptly reports any issues to the Shift Supervisor.
- Provides excellent customer service either by intercom, telephone or in person and remediates any issues that arise.
- Assists patrons with utilizing automated parking revenue equipment throughout the parking
- Provides patrons with accurate information regarding parking rates, availability, airport information, directions etc.
- Responds to and/or resolves patron complaints independently or under the direction of the Shift
- Assists patrons with locating their
- Maintains a positive attitude and ensures that conduct and manner in dealing with the public and all NAA guests and personnel is always prompt, courteous, tactful, and businesslike.
- Responsible for promptly contacting a Shift Supervisor for ticket transactions that require approval prior to processing.
- Responsible for promptly notifying the Shift Supervisor of equipment failures or
- Responsible for promptly notifying Shift Supervisor of any incident or condition that could adversely impact our ability to maintain efficient traffic flow in and out of the parking facilities and/or serve parking patrons expeditiously.
- Responds to garages and parking facilities as needed and
- Fills in for and performs all the duties of Parking Attendant I as needed and
- Always maintains a professional appearance (neat and in uniform).
- Adheres to all Authority and departmental policies, procedures, and
- Ensures that the Parking Operations Center, parking booths, surrounding areas and departmental vehicles are kept clean and always organized.
- Ensures that 2-way radios and all other Authority equipment and/or furniture are operational at all times and promptly reports any issues to Shift Supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following generally describes the knowledge, skills and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make change with money.
- Ability to read, write, interpret and comprehend the English Ability to effectively communicate information to airport patrons and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to make good decisions understanding to carry out detailed but standardized written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems and work well under pressure. Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgement.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work Ability to effectively deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events. Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of correct procedures in processing all
- Must possess and maintain excellent customer service
- Must be pro-active with strong personal
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as
- Must maintain attention to detail and possess excellent organizational
- Must have the proven ability to work independently with minimal
- Ability to clock in/out on time on a regular
EDUCATION/TRAINING - High school graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE - Six months experience with automated Parking Access and Revenue Control Systems or a high aptitude for technology.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and must meet NAA driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain eligibility to hold a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge as may be required by assigned job duties and responsibilities.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
This job entails sitting and/or standing for long periods of time; bending; stooping; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 40 pounds; unloading supply shipments of varying weights and storing in designated areas; extending and retracting the arm to retrieve tickets and money from customers, (a great deal of stretching may be involved if customers do not drive vehicle up close to the booth); when entering certain booths you must step up and down approximately 10 inches to enter and exit parking booths (this may be done frequently during a shift if necessary to obtain license plate numbers); extensive walking required which can be from booth to booth as needed; to and from the lanes to assist patrons and repair equipment/fill tickets stock; to multiple other booths to provide breaks to other employees; to and from the parking offices and terminals to conduct business; walking on uneven surfaces to obtain license plate inventory, assist patrons and/or conduct vehicle counts in all parking facilities which may include inclining and declining ramps; holding a hand-held computer in one hand and punching in letters and numbers with the other hand in order to obtain license plate inventory in all types of weather conditions; must be able to maneuver around an office environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All the above-mentioned physical demands may have to be performed daily.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: All components of the computerized Parking Access and Revenue Control System, personal computer and all related components including multi-function printer/fax/copier; keyboard and mouse; intercom system; multi-line telephone system; calculator; P2PE credit card terminal; laptop and hand-held unit for collection of daily license plate inventory; motor vehicle with automatic transmission; 2-way radio; booth alarm; drop safe.
SCHEDULE: Night Shift, 10:00PM to 6:00AM (two 15-minute breaks). Forty-hour work week with rotating days off.
- Morning Shift 6:00AM to 2:00PM (two 15-minute breaks)
- Evening Shift 2:00PM to 10:00PM (two 15-minute breaks)
Parking Attendant II employees will also be required to fill in on all shifts as needed.
DRIVING RECORD REQUIREMENTS: All drivers must be at least 21 years of age, licensed for at least 3 years, have the type of license required by their state for the vehicles operated and meet the following driving record standards. Any applicant who has been licensed in their state less than 3 years must provide a copy of their previous driving record to Human Resources. A Virginia Driver’s license must be obtained within 30 days of job start date.
- An “unacceptable" DMV driving record includes the following violations during the most recent 3-year period:
- Two or more at-fault accident convictions
- Drug Offense
- Eluding a Police Officer
- Committing a Felony with a Motor Vehicle
- Foreign citizens with no historical driving record available to us
- Hit Run / Leaving the Scene of an accident
- Lending an Operator’s License or Registration to Another
- Three or more moving violations
Note: Texting or cell phone violations are considered moving violations because they increase the chance of being in an accident.
- Moving Violations & Accidents – more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents within the past 12 months
- Open Container Violation
- Passing a Stopped School Bus
- Racing or Speed Contest Violation
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding 25 mph, or more, above speed limit
- Speeding – 10 mph or more over the speed limit in a school zone
- Current Suspended License
- Suspended License History – Drivers who have had 3 or more license suspensions as a result of moving violations
- Temporary Operator's Permit
- Vehicle Manslaughter/Homicide
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: It is the policy of the Norfolk Airport Authority (NAA) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
“No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!”
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Contact the Human Resources Department at 757-857-3405 for assistance.
ANNOUNCEMENT - SERVICES
VIRTUAL PERMIT PARKING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (VPP) - click here
PABC is soliciting competitive proposals from qualified software developers for a Virtual Permit Parking Management System (VPP).
THE CITY OF NEW LONDON - ROOF REPLACEMENT - click here
The Purchasing Agent for the City of New London, CT will receive the following sealed Bids
Bid No. 2023-08 CONL: Roof Replacement at Water Street Garage.
LACMTA - COUNTRYWIDE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT BENCH - click here
LOS ANGELES COUNTY METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (LACMTA)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - LACMTA will receive Proposals for PS95050 - Countywide Planning & Development (CPD) Bench
THE CITY OF NEW LONDON - ADA IMPROVEMENTS - click here
The Purchasing Agent for the City of New London, CT will receive the following sealed Bids:
Bid No. 2023-07 CONL: ADA Improvements at the Water Street Garage.
Position Overview: PCI is looking to fill multiple managerial opportunities throughout California. PCI Managers are responsible for ensuring that our operations run smoothly by guaranteeing all employees are performing their job functions in an efficient manner. This includes ensuring the employees always provide the highest level of customer services to our clients.
- PCI believes in a flexible non - bureaucratic approach!
- PCI is a rooted family - oriented company.
- PCI is a family owned and operated organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow protocol for corporate administrative procedures, included but not limited to employee relations, handling sexual harassment complaints, workers’ compensation claims, and applying disciplinary action related to the employee’s performance.
- Supervise direct reporting managers, supervisors, and location employees to ensure complaints, disagreements or misunderstandings regarding rates or services are resolved diplomatically.
- Supervise the quality of work for all employees to ensure all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently, effectively and as required.
- Ensure proper parking, security, cash control and customer service procedures are being followed by employees.
- Monitor maintenance of the facility to ensure that is clean and maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Prepare a morning bank deposit by counting the daily cashier money receipts to ensure that all previous day revenues are accounted for and deposited daily into the facilities’ bank.
- Monitor office audits of daily cashier reports to ensure that sales totals are reported and recorded on time.
- Monitor and review all damage claims to assign responsibility for damages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must be professional and have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Prior management experience is required.
- Basic computer knowledge, i.e., Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- 1-3 years of parking supervisory experience preferred.
- Salary: $64,480.00 - $95,000.00 per year DOE
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org