Like leaves turning color, parking organizations meet during Autumn. Parking Today has attended a number of these events and will continue to do so. We are learning just how critical these groups are to our industry. The IPMI and NPA are important, but frankly if you add up all the people who attend regional parking associations, they outnumber both the IPMI and NPA combined.
These groups attract vendors that help sponsor the events and show their wares. Its a relatively inexpensive way to meet those pros with boots on the ground that do the work that makes an industry. Let’s face it, its the senior managers who got to the NPA, IPMI and PIE. Fair enough. But the line troops who make the everyday decisions that affect parking and the people who actually park cars are the ones that attend the regional events.
This is where they can network with their peers and learn about solving problems they meet every day.
In addition to attending the NPA convention in Las Vegas and the Park Australia in the country’s Gold Coast, PT has attended the
- Southwestern Parking and Transportation Convention in Las Vegas (Astrid)
- The Middle Atlantic Parking Association in Baltimore (JVH)
- The California Public Parking Association in Los Angeles (Astrid and Eric)
- T2’s Connect in Orlando (JVH)
- And will be attending the Florida Parking Association in Ponte Vedra (Marcy) and
- Gulf Traffic in Dubai (JVH)
Plus we will be covering parking events in person throughout 2019. Check our calendar here to be sure you are listed. If you aren’t, contact Astrid at email@example.com. We will be there.